Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Crush

The purposeful glance,
The over the shoulder, look
The too long of a stare while signing a book
The introduction,
The words exchanged
The stammering stuttering acting deranged
Oh my words I have a crush
Not in years, have I felt a blush
Hot with heat of want and lust
I walk away before I bust
The regret of abandon
The heart full of sorrow
The want for another today, over a new tomorrow
The mindless surf on the internet
The smile on my face
The realization that he's got a Myspace

Oh my words I have a crush
Every song explains the rush
Hot with desire that has no end
I quickly request him to be my friend
The arrangement to meet
The heart ever pounding
The amazing beauty of this man is astounding
The surprising kiss
The returned bliss
The moment not missed, in my chronicle of time
Oh Oh Oh, what a crush
The world around us is a hush
Future is not a thought, only now
Make this moment more perfect…how?
© Copyright M. McGriff 2007, Portland, Oregon.

No comments: